Baked Feta Cheese with Olives
- 2 cups mixed olives and sliced peppadews in brine, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon toasted fennel seeds
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 16 ounces sheep or sheep/goat milk cheese
- 1 bag pita chips
Place all of the ingredients except the cheese and pita chips into a medium bowl and stir to combine. Marinate for several hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
In an oven proof serving dish or cast iron pan, place the cheese and pour the olive mixture over the top.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese softens and the olive mixture is bubbling.
Serve with pita chips.
*We buy olives with pits and using the side of a chef knife and press down on the olive to kind of smash it and then easily remove the pit. I like the looks of the “smashed olives” with this dish.
*Source the best feta you can find. Unfortunately, the standard grocery store feta does not soften well.